rpz-cname-override functionality

Marek Abram marek.w.abram at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 17:07:48 UTC 2021

I have configured unbound.conf with the local-data: "sink.home.lan. IN A 127.0.0.1” and I have the following configuration for the zone file.

rpz:
      name: rpz.blockhost.local
      zonefile: /opt/var/lib/zones/rpz.blockhost.local
      rpz-cname-override: "sink.home.lan.”

I would have assumed that with this config, any dig command for the domains included in rpm.blockhost.local would return NOERROR as it is redirected to the local host 127.0.0.1. However, I get NXDOMAIN instead.

All the entries in rpm.blockhost.local are in the format "<domain> CNAME . “

dig sink.home.lan returns NOERROR and server 127.0.0.1

Is that the intended behaviour?

Mark