Unbound-users Digest, Vol 22, Issue 7

Bernardo Reino reinob at bbmk.org
Mon Oct 18 06:39:59 UTC 2021

On Mon, 18 Oct 2021, Nguyễn Văn Trí via Unbound-users wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for your information.
> Here are the result of "systemctl cat unbound"

[...]

> And I Install & Upgrade Unbound follow this Instructions:
> https://unbound.docs.nlnetlabs.nl/en/latest/getting-started/installation.html#building-from-source-compiling

OK. So your system is still (trying) to use the default, outdated, unbound,
while you are trying to configure the new, updated, unbound that you installed
from source...

You could do one of the following:
1. Reinstall using some updated linux distribution (you didn't mention, AFAICR,
which distribution/version you are using).

2. Keep whatever you have but uninstall your distributions' unbound, so that you
only have the one you installed from source.
This might require some additional effort, as you will then have to make sure
systemd runs the service from the non-distribution unit file.

3. Find an updated package for your distribution, something that will *replace*
the one you have.

Good luck..
.. any maybe reconsider what you are trying to accomplish. Why do you (think
you) need RPZ? :)

> On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 7:00 PM <unbound-users-request at lists.nlnetlabs.nl>

[...]