unboud stops multiple times per day, due to part of Router Advertisement expired

Peter Russell jpgpi250 at gmail.com
Mon May 17 13:17:51 UTC 2021

Thank you for your reply

I agree that it's probably the DHCP daemon that triggers unbound to restart,
not directly, but because unbound detects a routing change.
Since there is a syslog message from the daemon (dhcpcd[562]: eth0: part of
Router Advertisement Expired), it is the probable cause for unbound to
restart.

However (1) the message says part of the routing expired, shouldn't unbound
ignore expired routes?

However (2) , as I mentioned before, unbound restarts twice, every time this
happens.
There is nothing I can find that would explain the second restart.
So this looks like something unbound is doing, without any external event or
command.

I very much doubt it is an unbound-control command, these are logged in the
unbound log.
Not sure if SIGHUB signals are logged...