Size limit on unbound.conf or forward zone Files?

Guevara, Daniel Daniel_Guevara at intuit.com
Wed May 5 18:35:11 UTC 2021

Hello,

I have looked through several docs and have not found whether there is a size limit (file or number of entries) for forward zones. We plan to use unbound strictly as a forwarding DNS server and use two “include:” statements in “unbound.conf” to load forwarding zone files. One such file has almost 2000 domains configured.

I have ran “/usr/sbin/unbound-checkconf” and there are no erors reported. I’d just like to verify if there is a limit to the number of forward zones or file size.

Thanks!
--
Daniel