Recomended dns block list

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Tue Jan 12 21:30:55 UTC 2021

as the co-inventor of the Realtime Blackhole List (RBL) and Response Policy
Zone (RPZ) technologies i request, yet again, that everyone please stop
referring to either one as a "block" list. that's an invented term, invented
by marketing departments, and is both technically inaccurate and hazardous to
civil liability.  blocking is something we might *do*, but is not part of some
set of things we might *have*.

that said, i have written previously on the subject of your question:

http://www.circleid.com/posts/20120103_dns_firewalls_in_action_rpz_vs_spam/

http://www.circleid.com/posts/using_domain_filtering_to_effect_ip_address_filtering/

so, while i also use some RPZ's from spamhaus and abusix, i get most of my
results by negating any dns name which points to an IP address in the spamhaus
DROP or cymru BOGONS lists (see second link above.)

vixie

re:

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 10:57:53AM -0300, Leandro Roggerone via Unbound-users wrote:
> Hi , guys , im looking for some bloking list to add to my dnss.
> After some research I got following list wich seems to be updated often:
> [https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StevenBlack/hosts/master/hosts](link url)
> [https://someonewhocares.org/hosts/hosts](link url)
>
> Can you suggest some blocking lists ?
> My idea is to block only malware and not ads.
> Regards.
> Leandro.

> Libre
> de virus. www.avast.com