Failing to reload with - can't bind socket: Address already in use for 127.0.0.1 port 953

Mark Abram marek.w.abram at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 16:43:23 UTC 2021

When trying to use unbound-control -c /opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound.conf reload command I get an error (unbound -dd)

​error: can't bind socket: Address already in use for   127.0.0.1 (http://127.0.0.1)   port 953

​

​Checking netstat and there is nothing running on port 953 but Unbound, however in the unbound log I see this message when unbound is trying to reload:

​fatal error: Could not read config file: /unbound/unbound.conf. Maybe try unbound -dd

​

​It seems that even if I supply -c flag to unbound-control, unbound is trying to load wrong file. Ant ideas what maybe wrong with this config?

​unbound-control start|stop even if I done specify -c works just fine.

​

​remote-control:

control-enable: yes

control-use-cert: no

control-interface:   127.0.0.1 (http://127.0.0.1)

control-port: 953

server-key-file: "/opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound_server.key"

server-cert-file: "/opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound_server.pem"

control-key-file: "/opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound_control.key"

control-cert-file: "/opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound_control.pem"

​

Mark