Building Unbound on Big Sur

Eoin Norris e.norris at mac.com
Wed Apr 21 14:28:55 UTC 2021

Hi there.

I am not sure whether this list is monitored much or not. I have some questions about building unbound

When I try build it I get an openSSL error saying that

OpenSSL found in /usr/local, but version 0.9.7

This seems to be related to Apple putting their own SSL into the /usr/bin/openSSL and pretending it is openSSL. Not sure.

I have tried multiple solutions, changed the configuration to point to /usr/local/bin,  and linked a home-brew installed openSSL into /usr/local/bin but it doesn’t seem to work.  libexpat doesn’t seem to work either.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks

Eoin

p.s. is there a way to see the archives of this list?