unbound resolver ready for URL

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Apr 20 07:06:05 UTC 2021

 "Modster, Anthony via Unbound-users" writes:

 > How to determine when "unbound resolver" is ready for a URL to be resolved?

URL? You mean, resolving DNS.

 > Before making URL query requests, I wait for "unbound resolver" to come up.
 > The method I used is by detecting the unbound pid file.
 > This seems to work most of the time, but not always.

One can do unbound control-status and something like

	version: 1.13.1
	verbosity: 2
	threads: 4
	modules: 3 [ validator cachedb iterator ]
	uptime: 72528 seconds
	unbound (pid 738) is running...

is the result. But in most systems, services like DNS are running before one can login.

	jaap