outgoing-interface with dhcp

Unbound unbound at tacomawireless.net
Tue Apr 13 22:09:46 UTC 2021

On 2021-04-13 13:51, Louis Garcia via Unbound-users wrote:
> The system that unbound runs on has 4 nics. nic1 is the wan port to
> the internet with an ip address that comes from dhcp. How can I tell
> unbound to send queries to wan0 if the ip changes?
I think what you're really after is who *answers* your request for an IP
(your DHCP). This is in almost all situations, your Gateway (path to the
internet). This IP (unlike *yours*) doesn't change. So is almost always
the Gateway assigned by your OS.
IOW use the IP that your DHCP(d) gets your IP from. An easy way to find
it is via resolv.conf.

HTH

--Chris