outgoing-interface with dhcp

Tom Samplonius tom at samplonius.org
Tue Apr 13 21:40:48 UTC 2021

  You may not need to use outgoing-interface at all.  If your DHCP-client adds a default route over the WAN interface, then that is the interface used for outgoing requests.

  outgoing-interface is most useful, if you want to use some other source IP, other than the actual outgoing (default route) interface, like a loopback address.  Or if your WAN interface doesn’t have a routable IP, or something.

Tom