error: cannot open zonefile No such file or directory

Mark Abram marek.w.abram at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 14:41:14 UTC 2021

When all rpz zone files are located in unbound default dir they work fine, however if I try to relocate them to a separate location unbound fails

​with error: cannot open zonefile /opt/share/rpz/rpz.urlhause.zone for rpz.urlhause.abuse.ch.zone.: No such file or directory

The new directory is created with chown nobody /opt/share/rpz and the files so indeed exists in that location.

ls -l /opt/share/rpz Do I need to do anyhting else to get these working ? I like to keep rpz files separate from unbound default location.

​

​-rwxrwxrwx        1 admin root                      441 Apr 11 22:24 rpz-refresh

-rw-rw-rw-        1 admin root                      769 Apr 11 22:18 rpz.block.hosts.zone

-rw-rw-rw-        1 admin root              2847590 Apr 11 22:18 rpz.stevenblack.zone

-rw-rw-rw-        1 admin root                      707 Apr 11 22:18 rpz.trend.micro.zone

-rw-rw-rw-        1 admin root                125804 Apr 11 22:18 rpz.urlhause.zone

-rw-rw-rw-        1 admin root                      629 Apr 11 22:24 unbound.conf.rpz

​

​Mark

​