Cannot update Ubuntu

Bernardo Reino reinob at bbmk.org
Thu Nov 12 16:40:13 UTC 2020

On Thu, 12 Nov 2020, Gil Levy via Unbound-users wrote:

> Not sure if it's Unbound related, but this problem appeared after
> installing unbound on Ubuntu 20.04 on an Oracle cloud instance.
>
> If I issue #: sudo apt update
> I get:
> Err:1 http://ap-sydney-1-ad-1.clouds.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal
> InRelease
>  Could not connect to 127.0.0.1:8080 (127.0.0.1). - connect (111:
> Connection re
> fused)
>

> This is my proxy.conf file:
>  GNU nano 4.8 proxy.conf
> Acquire {
>  HTTP::proxy "http://127.0.0.1:8080";
>  HTTPS::proxy "http://127.0.0.1:8080";
> }

You configured apt to use a proxy running on your own computer (localhost, port
8080). Probably you're not running a proxy.
You should delete the proxy.conf to allow apt to connect directly.

> If I set it to 5335 (the port for unbound) then I get:
> 0% [Waiting for headers] [Waiting for headers] <-- this is stuck.

The proxy should be a http(s) proxy, not a DNS server.

Just delete the proxy.conf, unless you really need a proxy to make the
connection, and if so, you should first configure the proxy (apache, nginx,
whatever).