Unbound 1.10.1 released

Marc Branchaud marcnarc at xiplink.com
Tue May 19 17:36:04 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-19 10:33 a.m., Wouter Wijngaards via Unbound-users wrote:
> Hi PGNet Dev,
>
> On 19/05/2020 16:22, PGNet Dev wrote:
>> On 5/19/20 7:10 AM, Wouter Wijngaards wrote:
>>> Hi PGNet Dev,

>>> What is the problem you refer to? The git tag is "release-1.10.1".
>>> https://github.com/NLnetLabs/unbound/releases/tag/release-1.10.1
>>
>> hm.  here,
>>
>> rm -rf unbound-git
>> git clone https://github.com/NLnetLabs/unbound unbound-git
>> cd unbound-git
>> git tag -l | grep release-1.1[0-9]
>> 	release-1.10.0
>> 	release-1.10.0rc1
>> 	release-1.10.0rc2
>>
>> i'll grab the tarball for now ...
>
> That works too.  `git pull --tags`  pulls in the tag references for me
> that are not locally available yet.

To be clear, the crux of the "problem" is that the commit tagged as
release-1.10.1 is not part of the history of any named branch in the git
repository.  A plain "git fetch" only fetches tags that exist in the
branches being fetched, and the default is to fetch only named branches.

The release-1.10.0 and release-1.9.5 tags are also not part of any named
branch's history, and maybe some others (I did not check thoroughly; use
"git branch -a --contains <tagname>").

There's nothing inherently "wrong" with having tags on nameless
branches, but some folks might find it confusing.

		M.