RFC 8767 recheck timer

George Thessalonikefs george at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Jul 21 12:56:45 UTC 2020

Hi Andreas,

This timer is not specifically created for the serve-stale functionality
because as is mentioned in the following paragraph of the RFC:
> Most recursive resolvers already have the query resolution timer and,
> effectively, some kind of failure recheck timer.

This is also true in unbound, where failure recheck measures were
already in place, though not configurable (at least in the sense of a
timer).

Best regards,
-- George