Censorship

Ondřej Caletka ondrej at caletka.cz
Fri Jul 17 07:43:58 UTC 2020

On 16.7. 2020 23:33, Neo Web via Unbound-users wrote:
> I have seen a few different ISP's block unbound from working.
>
> How do you think they do it.
>
> I had a US ISP this morning, block it from on their network nationwide.
>
> It looks like DNSSEC traffic was blocked...what do you think happened?

From my experience, some ISPs either apply some udp/53 firewall which
intercept messages it does not understand. I've also seen an ISP who
DNATed all udp/53 to 8.8.8.8 with an explanation that: “our customers
often misconfigure their DNS addresses and then complain that internet
is not working for them.”

Anyway, forwarding to a trusted DoH upstream should solve the issue.

--
Ondřej