unbound API and authenticated data

George Thessalonikefs george at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Jul 15 15:03:35 UTC 2020

Hi Anthony,

It is not clear to me by your text but:
- If unbound receives the AD, it means that the upstream *signals* that
  it has verified the query response. Unbound will not trust this and
  will always do validation (unless not configured).
- If unbound sets the AD, unbound itself has verified the response.

I can't give one answer for the other values because it depends on the
response.
Information for the values you asked can be found in your local man page
for libunbound or online at
https://www.nlnetlabs.nl/documentation/unbound/libunbound/ for the
latest version.

Best regards,