Unclear messages in log

Jan de Haan Jan.deHaan at euronet.com
Fri Jul 3 07:49:23 UTC 2020

Hi All,

my unbound v1.6.0-3+deb9u2 servers were hit for short periods of time by traffic that generated a lot of log messages that look like

    unbound: [879:2] notice: sendmsg failed: Invalid argument

   unbound: [879:2] notice: remote address is <ip address> port 22653

I can not find any clear documentation on this messages. In fact, the whole mailing list archive only has three emails mentioning this message.

Can someone enlighten me on their meaning and shed some light on a possible cause?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Jan.