I need help about unbound consuming memory

Ralph Dolmans ralph at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Jan 3 15:40:40 UTC 2020

Hi Farmuel,

On 27-12-2019 09:56, farmuel Angel via unbound-users wrote:
> I have installed unbound on a raspberry pi 2 and it ia working fine
> until I kept adding conf files with the "include " option in
> unbound.conf . After 2 files which are big (these conf included files
> are block lists sites with local-zones and local-data) the process
> started to consume more memory and my linux OOM killer was activated and
> killed my PID unbound process.!
> How to optimize this to consume less memory or there is a limitation on
> the conf file lists in the unbound.conf file???

This is probably caused by the regional allocation used per local-data.
If your goal is to make all these domains unreachable you could try
without having local-data for all domains. For example using:

local-zone: "example.com" refuse

> How much memory shouls I have for a 200Mbytes list conf files in the
> unbound.conf file????

Hard to say, it really depends on the content of the configuration.

-- Ralph