unbound and resolvconf: have you tried debian support channels?

Ron Varburg ronvarburg at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 16:26:28 UTC 2020

 I am not sure what the unbound-resolvconf.service does. If it just configures the resolution process,
and you are happy without it, then keep going without it.
I think if you know what you are doing you can run unbound without it. It is probably only a help in case resolvconf is installed. As far as I can tell, it is not part on the unbound source package.
If you better know what you are doing, you can run a system without any package manager.
In both cases you know what you are doing. So you use work around, or your own scripts,
or static configuration, or whatever.
This might be a similar question to compilation warnings. Since they are only warnings, one
might keep going without fixing the issues those warnings are about.
In short, I do think debian-user might be a better place to ask. Or wait here for someone more knowledgeable than myself.     On Friday, February 14, 2020, 02:54:07 PM GMT+1, dy1977--- via Unbound-users <unbound-users at lists.nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

 Hello Ron,

perhaps I was not enough precise in my question which concerns unbound.
The question is :

Is the unbound-resolvconf.service necessary in any way for Unbound, or
is this only a help in case resolvconf is installed ?

Thanks