serve-expired-ttl

George Thessalonikefs george at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Feb 14 15:11:27 UTC 2020

Hi Stephane,

>From the upcoming unbound 1.10.0 release, serve-stale as documented in
draft-ietf-dnsop-serve-stale can be configured.

A minimal configuration to achieve this is:

# Enable serve-expired
serve-expired: yes

# Time to keep serving expired records
serve-expired-ttl: <value between 86400 and 259200>

# Do not reset the TTL above on failed lookups
serve-expired-ttl-reset: no  # default

# TTL to reply with expired entries
serve-expired-reply-ttl: 30  # default

# Time to wait before replying with expired data
serve-expired-client-timeout: 1800

Note that the previous behavior (answering directly from cache without
waiting for the actual resolution) is still available by setting:
serve-expired-client-timeout: 0  # default

Best regards,
-- George