Getting SERVFAIL when trying to reach .co.il domains

Gil Levy just.gil at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 11:22:45 UTC 2020

Using Unbound 1.9.0 on Raspberry Pi with Pihole.

Since two days ago I cannot access .co.il domains, such as hwzone.co.il or
ynet.co.il.
When I issue# sudo systemctl stop unbound and then #sudo systemctl start
unbound, I can access these sites for a few seconds and then they become
unavailable again.

I tried to isolate the case by using Quad9 DNS instead of Unbound and the
issue resolved.
When I revert back to Unbound, I encounter the same problem.

I also run Unbound on my Oracle cloud Ubuntu instance and I experience the
same issue there.

I use Unbound as the authoritative server, I don't have it set up with
upstream servers.

The tail log of the SERVFAIL can be found here:
https://textuploader.com/185f0

Appreciate any help in troubleshooting this.

Thanks,
Gil