Spikes on recursive resolution average time in Unbound

Andre Martins andre.lfs.martins at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 13:15:04 UTC 2020

Guys,

I appreciate the lesson. I didn't know we had root servers locally in Brazil. So, again thanks for the information.

But, with this in mind, why would I get a cold search (not on the cache) going for over 300ms in average ? Is there anything in my conf file wrong ?

Is my result what you see on your end?

I'm new at this and trying to learn

Thanks

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 9:23 AM Steinar Haug via Unbound-users <unbound-users at lists.nlnetlabs.nl<mailto:unbound-users at lists.nlnetlabs.nl>> wrote:
>> I live in Brazil so I know that the root DNS servers should be
>> far from here.
>
> Really?  I beleive there exists RIPE Atlas measurements which
> indicate that there are serveral root DNS name server instances
> present in Brazil.

The zoomable map at https://root-servers.org/ indicates that there
are 31 instances of root DNS servers in Brazil, with 5 instances
in Rio de Janeiro alone.

Steinar Haug, AS2116