Unbound 1.13.0rc4 pre-release Sleep/Wake issue.

RayG rgsub1 at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 5 15:41:53 UTC 2020

Hi Jaap

Thanks for your reply.

Yes that is one way around the issue. Not ideal but certainly possible. I
have set the logging to max but I suspect that this may interfere with
whatever is going on. I was hoping to see a failure when I woke the system
this afternoon. Alas it worked this time. I will continue to keep the
logging at max and see if I can catch it at some point. The other thing I
forgot to mention last night was that as well as using DNSSEC I am using
forwarding and DoT. That with the TLS aspects will also expect the clock to
be correct. The clock is the only thing I can think of that may be causing
the issue. There is just not enough logging at level 1 logging to see errors
like that and at the max level it is possible that programmatic timings
alter and the issue slips through the net.

We will see what if anything I can capture over the next few days.

RayG