about Unbound ISP Config

Luiz Fernando Softov fernando at softov.com.br
Thu Aug 27 00:18:04 UTC 2020

Hi. There isd a lot of ISP in Brazil using Unbound as DNS.
Some of then with 100 clients, a lot with 1000 and go on.

Using to accept recursive cached requests with ACL.

We had a SO with an Unbound Web UI, called BrbOS.
It's a FresBSD 64, running our mod kernel.

The config is the secret. :)

It will mainly be based on how many clients, aka requests
and how much hardware do you have
memory to cache, HD to save and reload cache if needed
CPU/processors, to run threads

1 thread per core, power of 2 slabs

then you need to consider using root servers or forwards.
Forwards and good, but sometimes they cause problems.
Root servers are good, sometimes you got stuck in a BGP or some cached
server
Sometimes work fine for like a year without needed to clear cache

Maybe this gives you some info about config.
[https://prnt.sc/u6j1yr](https://prnt.sc/u6j1yr)