unbound and nsd on the same machine - what am I missing?

Mike Kazantsev mk.fraggod at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 06:47:43 UTC 2020

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 02:29:37 -0400
bofh via Unbound-users <unbound-users at lists.nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

> I'm running nsd and unbound on my OpenBSD server.
>     local-zone:  "10.10.10.in-addr.arpa" nodefault  # is this needed?

^^^ I think this line is the issue.

Recently setting up unbound myself, did same thing iirc, and this
overrides stub zones, making it into a "local" zone.

Which I think is also why you get this mismatching behavior between
10.10.10.in-addr.arpa and example.com stub zones (which one of them is
not).

> stub-zone:
>     name: "example.com"
>     stub-addr: 127.0.0.1
>
> stub-zone:
>     name: "10.10.10.in-addr.arpa."
>     stub-addr: 127.0.0.1
>
> What am I missing to get results for the reverse lookup?

Small footnote - I'm not an expert by any means, just pretty sure had
the same confusion with initial config.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net