Unbound stop root server lookup

Guevara, Daniel Daniel_Guevara at intuit.com
Thu Sep 5 20:23:23 UTC 2019

Thanks Jan.

Perhaps I was a little too vague by saying "allowing all outbound traffic on port 53". In short I meant my outbound NACL currently only allows outbound access on port 53 to the OpenDNS IPs (208.67.222.222 & 208.67.222.220). Rather than putting rules for all 26 root servers (both udp and tcp on port 53), it was easier for me to test by allowing all outbound (0.0.0.0/0) on port 53.

I have a better understanding now of how this works. Thanks again!