Feature request

Yuri yvoinov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 16:19:04 UTC 2019

07.03.2019 22:14, Anand Buddhdev пишет:
> Hi Yuri,
>
> Your question would be better if you:
>
> 1. describe what WCCPv2 is; and

http://cauew.blogspot.com/2008/08/wccp-web-cache-communication-protocol.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/tech/content-networking/web-cache-communications-protocol-wccp/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Cache_Communication_Protocol

> 2. explain why you need it in Unbound.

WCCP supports not only 80 port, but also 53 (and any arbitrary port) ans
very useful for transparent interception any traffic and locally cache
it on separate server.

Thus, technology can drastically reduce outboud internet traffic and/or
increases LAN security.

> Not everyone knows what WCCPv2 is, and why would might want it.
No one can Google? Seriously? :-D You jokinly me!

--
"C++ seems like a language suitable for firing other people's legs."

* C++20 : Bug to the future *