serve-expired-ttl

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Thu Jul 11 15:04:19 UTC 2019

Hello,

I run an unbound instance with "serve-expired: yes"
Today I notices a record I deleted hours ago is still served by unbound. Domains SOA negative ttl is 1h, too.
The I found "serve-expired-ttl" with a default value of 0 meaning no expiration.

So will unbound happily serve a deleted record for a very very long time
unless unbound has to kick it from it's cache for some reasons that are not really visible to me?

In that case the default "0 / no expire" is questionable.

Andreas