auth-zone reverse DNS

Matt Schwartz matt.schwartz01 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 10:55:54 UTC 2019

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your response. I made the changes that you suggested. Here is
what my zone declaration looks like:
auth-zone:
        name: "0.0.10.in-addr.arpa."
        zonefile: "/etc/unbound/meow.lan.rev"

Here is what my zone file looks like:
$TTL 30m
$ORIGIN 0.0.10.in-addr.arpa.

@  SOA 0.0.10.in-addr.arpa. hostmaster.meow.lan. (
                             2019071105 ;Serial
                             30m   ;Refresh
                             15m   ;Retry
                               4w   ;Expire
                             30m)  ;Min TTL
@ IN NS bast.meow.lan.
1 IN PTR bast.meow.lan.
2 IN PTR jaguar.meow.lan.
3 IN PTR ida.meow.lan.
4 IN PTR ollie.meow.lan.

All reverse DNS queries result in an NXDOMAIN. I am sure I am doing
something wrong.

Thank you again,
Matt