VRF support in unbound?

Ralf Jung post at ralfj.de
Fri Jan 4 13:00:31 UTC 2019

Hi again,

I should probably give some more details about my configuration... currently, I
am playing with

>     interface: 0.0.0.0
>     interface: ::
>     access-control: 10.24.192.0/18 allow
>     access-control: fd4e:f2d7:88d2:ffff::/64 allow
>     ip-freebind: yes
>     interface-automatic: yes
>     outgoing-interface: 82.165.162.239

When a request now comes in from the 10.24.192.0/18 subnet (which is in the
VRF), I can see via tcpdump that unbound sends requests to an authoritative DNS
server to resolve this request.  However, the response to the original client
never goes out.
Via TCP, the request actually works and a response is sent out correctly!

However, all of this is for IPv4 only, and only when I have set
net.ipv4.{tcp,udp}_l3mdev_accept=1.  For IPv6 and without that setting (which
doesn't seem to exist for IPv6), unbound does not even seem to receive the
request, there is no reaction in the form of messages to the authoritative DNS.

Kind regards,
Ralf