warning: Setting TCP Fast Open as server failed

Chris Public2 at xymox1.com
Sun Feb 10 06:16:14 UTC 2019

1.9.0 and the RC have worked nicely for my little home DoT setup on
FreeBSD 12

Im not a expert. Do I need to do a custom kernal on FreeBSD 12 with
options TCP_RFC7413 ?

warning: Setting TCP Fast Open as server failed: Operation not permitted
; this could likely be because sysctl net.inet.tcp.fastopen.enabled,
net.inet.tcp.fastopen.server_enable, or net.ipv4.tcp_fastopen is disabled

Already in sysctl.conf

*|net.inet.tcp.fastopen.enabled=1 net.inet.tcp.fastopen.server_enable=1
net.ipv4.tcp_fastopen=1 |*