'ssl handshake failed crypto error' log entries

Christoph cm at appliedprivacy.net
Wed Aug 28 18:42:00 UTC 2019

Hi,

on our public DoT server running unbound we get a lot (> 20 MB / day)
of the following errors even though we run in verbosity level 0.

Our understanding is that this isn't anything we can do about.
Could you remove these entries from verbosity level 0?

 ssl handshake failed crypto error:1408F09B:SSL
routines:ssl3_get_record:https proxy request
 ssl handshake failed crypto error:1408F09C:SSL
routines:ssl3_get_record:http request
 ssl handshake failed crypto error:1408F10B:SSL
routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number
 ssl handshake failed crypto error:14094412:SSL
routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert bad certificate
 ssl handshake failed crypto error:1417A0C1:SSL
routines:tls_post_process_client_hello:no shared cipher
 ssl handshake failed crypto error:142090FC:SSL
routines:tls_early_post_process_client_hello:unknown protocol
 ssl handshake failed crypto error:14209102:SSL
routines:tls_early_post_process_client_hello:unsupported protocol
 ssl handshake failed crypto error:1420918C:SSL
routines:tls_early_post_process_client_hello:version too low