Get Mac address in python scripts

dy1977 at orange.fr dy1977 at orange.fr
Mon Aug 12 17:54:10 UTC 2019

Hello,

I highly appreciated the flexibility given by python scripts in Unbound.
Since I want to take decisions based on user, I used the code given in
the examples to get the IP address of the sender. No problem. But what I
would really need is the MAC address. I have not found anything about
that in Google or by exploring the code of Unbound.

Is there any possibility to get the MAC address in the python scripts ?
Or will I have to patch the code of Unbound ? In this last case, if
anyone knows where in the code I should investigate, or even better
propose the code, I would highly appreciate.

The purpose is the development of an open source device, Idéfix (see
idefix64.fr, but most of the text is in French !).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Michel (Python 3 developper).
France.

---