Drop a specific rrset from cache?

Felipe Gasper felipe at felipegasper.com
Fri Aug 2 18:27:29 UTC 2019

Hello,

	I’d like to implement something to detect changes to an RRSET. What I have is (pseudocode):

-----
ctx = ub_ctx_create();

while (1) {
    result = ub_ctx_resolve("example.com", "TXT");
    sleep(5);

    _look_for_change(result);
}
-----

	What I’m finding is that, because of libunbound’s caching, I’m getting the same result even long after changes have propagated to all of the relevant authoritative nameservers. If I set the “cache-max-ttl” option to 0 the problem goes away, but then I lose *all* caching, which I don’t want.

	Is there a way to make libunbound forget/drop a _specific_ query’s result from its cache?

	Thank you!

-Felipe Gasper
Mississauga, Ontario