bug report - FQDN

stefan meyer stefan.meyer at lavalabs.de
Mon Apr 8 15:56:03 UTC 2019

Hi,

there are two firewalls acting as resolver with a few host overrides and
having access to the dhcp lease list. Firewall A is in the Domain
override List at Firewall B and FW B in the list of FW A. The Domains of
the FW are listed as search domains. When I do a nslookup to query a
host only with the hostname, so that the search domain can be
automaticly added, I get back the IP, and everythings fine. I can do
that all day long, everything works. As soon as I look for the fqdn
host.domain.intern, I got only one time back the IP, and after that,
everything is broken.

Is this a security setting or a bug or, what am I doing wrong?
--
Stefan Meyer, M.Sc.
Systemadministrator

t: +49 211 24 79 79-0 | f: +49 211 24 79 79-99
stefan.meyer at lavalabs.de <mailto:stefan.meyer at lavalabs.de> |
www.lavalabs.de <http://www.lavalabs.de>

LAVAlabs Düsseldorf| Stuttgart | Berlin

LAVAlabs Moving Images GmbH & Co. KG
Ackerstraße 11
40233 Düsseldorf

___
Geschäftsführer: Michael Brink, Rolf Mütze
Ust-ID: DE280135698, HRA 21815
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf