Enthusiastic logging when interface goes away

Mike the.lists at mgm51.com
Mon Oct 8 15:25:33 UTC 2018

On 10/5/2018 2:25 AM, Wouter Wijngaards via Unbound-users wrote:
> Hi,

Greets

> [snip]

I just wanted to circle back to let you know that I did some quick
testing of the patch on OpenBSD 6.4, which is in pre-release mode at the
moment.  It had unbound 1.8.0.

To simulate the ISP outage, I used ifconfig to delete the
"outgoing-interface" IP address from the interface.

Without the patch, as expected, the log file grew rapidly.

With the patch, there was no enthusiastic logging.

Thanks again for the quick turnaround on this.

Mike.