root-hints as master for RFC7706

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Fri Nov 30 11:12:22 UTC 2018

On 30/11/2018 12:01, ѽ҉ᶬḳ℠ via Unbound-users wrote:

> To my understanding (http://www.dns.icann.org/services/axfr/) all servers do
> permit zone transfer except l.root-servers.net
> Thus continuous fail from several does not seem likely.

Your understanding is wrong. Where does it say in that web page, that
all servers permit zone transfer? Please show me the actual words that
say this.

Can you please re-read RFC 7706, and understand it fully? It explains
exactly which root name servers _currently_ provide zone transfer, along
with the important warning that the zone transfer service can go away at
any time.

Regards,
Anand