Fwd: inform_deny causes iOS to hang until timeout

HoyaZot hoyazot at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 02:25:19 UTC 2018

Although I never got a response to this, the answer was to use
always_nxdomain

FWIW, for those of you having problems since iOS 10 serving *.local
domains, it can be circumvented by using *.lcl in addition to your *.local,
so that at least iOS devices can access the network if necessary. There
might be some scenario where that’s undesirable, but I can’t think of one
off hand.