Jostle logic seems to randomly stop working

Dmitri Kourennyi dkour at mykolab.com
Thu May 17 23:31:38 UTC 2018

Adding a little bit more information:

When the issue cropped up again, I tried running
"unbound-control dump_requestlist" to inspect the list, expecting it to
be full
of requests that are stuck for some reason. Instead I found that it was
completely empty. Yet incoming queries were constantly being rejected.

Then I tried "unbound-control flush_requestlist" to see if it had any
effect,
and sure enough, it resolves the issue, even though there doesn't appear
to be
anything to flush.

When I get a spare moment, I'll try to add some more logging in that
part of the
code, see if I can specifically determine what condition is failing that
is
causing the queries to be dropped.