Unbound 1.7.0 release
wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Mar 15 10:13:55 UTC 2018
Unbound 1.7.0 is available:
This release adds authority zones, for a local copy of the root zone,
and also aggressive NSEC processing, for denial of nxdomain floods.
It was updated from rc1 because the patch for fastrpz did not work for
some, there is a new patch in rc2. It was updated to rc3, because some
people patch configure.ac, but autoconf in older versions refuses to
create correct output for this version's configure.ac, and to solve that
there is an added option to the configure script,
- auth-zone provides a way to configure RFC7706 from unbound.conf,
eg. with auth-zone: name: "." for-downstream: no for-upstream: yes
fallback-enabled: yes and masters or a zonefile with data.
- Aggressive use of NSEC implementation. Use cached NSEC records to
generate NXDOMAIN, NODATA and positive wildcard answers.
- Accept tls-upstream in unbound.conf, the ssl-upstream keyword is
also recognized and means the same. Also for tls-port,
tls-service-key, tls-service-pem, stub-tls-upstream and
- [dnscrypt] introduce dnscrypt-provider-cert-rotated option,
from Manu Bretelle.
This option allows handling multiple cert/key pairs while only
distributing some of them.
In order to reliably match a client magic with a given key without
strong assumption as to how those were generated, we need both key and
cert. Likewise, in order to know which ES version should be used.
On the other hand, when rotating a cert, it can be desirable to only
serve the new cert but still be able to handle clients that are still
using the old certs's public key.
The `dnscrypt-provider-cert-rotated` allow to instruct unbound to not
publish the cert as part of the DNS's provider_name's TXT answer.
- Update B root ipv4 address.
- make ip-transparent option work on OpenBSD.
- Fix #2801: Install libunbound.pc.
- ltrace.conf file for libunbound in contrib.
- Fix #3598: Fix swig build issue on rhel6 based system.
configure --disable-swig-version-check stops the swig version check.
- Fix #1749: With harden-referral-path: performance drops, due to
circular dependency in NS and DS lookups.
- [dnscrypt] prevent dnscrypt-secret-key, dnscrypt-provider-cert
- Better documentation for cache-max-negative-ttl.
- Fixed libunbound manual typo.
- Fix #1949: [dnscrypt] make provider name mismatch more obvious.
- Fix #2031: Double included headers
- Document that errno is left informative on libunbound config read
- iana port update.
- Fix #1913: ub_ctx_config is under circumstances thread-safe.
- Fix #2362: TLS1.3/openssl-1.1.1 not working.
- Fix #2034 - Autoconf and -flto.
- Fix #2141 - for libsodium detect lack of entropy in chroot, print
a message and exit.
- Fix #2492: Documentation libunbound.
- Fix #2882: Unbound behaviour changes (wrong) when domain-insecure is
set for stub zone. It no longer searches for DNSSEC information.
- Fix #3299 - forward CNAME daisy chain is not working
- Fix link failure on OmniOS.
- Check whether --with-libunbound-only is set when using --with-nettle
- Fix qname-minimisation documentation (A QTYPE, not NS)
- Fix that DS queries with referral replies are answered straight
away, without a repeat query picking the DS from cache.
The correct reply should have been an answer, the reply is fixed
by the scrubber to have the answer in the answer section.
- Fix that expiration date checks don't fail with clang -O2.
- Fix queries being leaked above stub when refetching glue.
- Copy query and correctly set flags on REFUSED answers when cache
snooping is not allowed.
- make depend: code dependencies updated in Makefile.
- Fix #3397: Fix that cachedb could return a partial CNAME chain.
- Fix #3397: Fix that when the cache contains an unsigned DNAME in
the middle of a cname chain, a result without the DNAME could
- Fix that unbound-checkconf -f flag works with auto-trust-anchor-file
for startup scripts to get the full pathname(s) of anchor file(s).
- Print fatal errors about remote control setup before log init,
so that it is printed to console.
- Use NSEC with longest ce to prove wildcard absence.
- Only use *.ce to prove wildcard absence, no longer names.
- Fix unfreed locks in log and arc4random at exit of unbound.
- Fix lock race condition in dns cache dname synthesis.
- Fix #3451: dnstap not building when you have a separate build dir.
And removed protoc warning, set dnstap.proto syntax to proto2.
- Added tests with wildcard expanded NSEC records (CVE-2017-15105 test)
- Unit test for auth zone https url download.
- tls-cert-bundle option in unbound.conf enables TLS authentication.
- Fixes for clang static analyzer, the missing ; in
edns-subnet/addrtree.c after the assert made clang analyzer
produce a failure to analyze it.
- Fix #3505: Documentation for default local zones references
- Fix #3494: local-zone noview can be used to break out of the view
to the global local zone contents, for queries for that zone.
- Fix for more maintainable code in localzone.
- more robust cachedump rrset routine.
- Save wildcard RRset from answer with original owner for use in
- Fixup contrib/fastrpz.patch so that it applies.
- Fix compile without threads, and remove unused variable.
- Fix compile with staticexe and python module.
- Fix nettle compile.
- Fix to check define of DSA for when openssl is without deprecated.
- iana port update.
- Fix #3582: Squelch address already in use log when reuseaddr option
causes same port to be used twice for tcp connections.
- Reverted fix for #3512, this may not be the best way forward;
although it could be changed at a later time, to stay similar to
- Fix for windows compile.
- Fixed contrib/fastrpz.patch, even though this already applied
cleanly for me, now also for others.
- patch to log creates keytag queries, from A. Schulze.
- patch suggested by Debian lintian: allow to -> allow one to, from
- Attempt to remove warning about trailing whitespace.
- Added documentation for aggressive-nsec: yes.
Best regards, Wouter
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Unbound-users