fatal error: Could not set up local zones

Brian Marshall brian at netcents.com
Mon Dec 17 22:38:45 UTC 2018

Hello list,

I am running unbound 1.66 on OpenBSD and import a couple of
spam/malware/c&c lists that I blackhole via local zone data in unbound.
I seem to have run into some kind of limitation on the number of records
I can load. I get the following error recently when my list reached
156550 local-data entries :

	unbound: [50167:0] error: out of memory adding local data
	unbound: [50167:0] fatal error: Could not set up local zones

and the process exits.

Is there a way to increase the maximum number of local entries that can
be loaded?
Thanks!

    -Brian Marshall

PS:

Version 1.6.6
linked libs: pluggable-libevent 1.4.15-stable (it uses kqueue), LibreSSL
2.6.3
linked modules: dns64 respip validator iterator