Blockchain DNS

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Sat Dec 15 02:59:41 UTC 2018

ѽ҉ᶬḳ℠ via Unbound-users wrote:

> Blockchain might not be the saviour for all mankind challenges, like it
> is sometimes being promoted, but it is for the moment at least something
> interesting to consider.

so you say. it's not interesting for me to consider. its hype cycle has
been extreme even by 21st century internet standards. all proposed uses
must be suspected of being a solution in search of a problem, as is
absolutely the case for namecoin and the other blockchain naming
systems. the burden of proof to show why anyone ought to spend any time
considering anything related to blockchain is on whomsoever asserts its
utility. that burden has not been met, or even approached, for naming.

i expect that we are off-topic for unbound, as well.

--
P Vixie