support for parallel alt-roots?

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Sun Dec 9 21:35:10 UTC 2018

On Dec 9, 2018, at 4:23 PM, ѽ҉ᶬḳ℠ via Unbound-users <unbound-users at nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:
> On 09.12.2018 22:11, Anand Buddhdev wrote:
>> Your question doesn't even make sense. How would unbound know to resolve
>> TLD1 via root, and TLD2 via alt-root?
> TLD for respective zones are stored in the respective root zone files and thus are distinguishable.

To quote Charles Babbage: "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

How do you distinguish “.” from “.”?
How do you distinguish “.TLD” in the root from “.TLD” in the alt-root?
Which root hints would you use?
Which KSK would you use?

Regards,
-drc