[polri.go.id DNS issues, glueless delegation, confusing NSEC???]

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Mar 2 12:35:41 UTC 2017

Hi Viktor,

What is happening is that the domain has both a signed parent and
unsigned child-zones co-hosted.  This confuses unbound's
dnssec-missing-response failover that starts to look for alternatives.
This takes a long time because of the timeouts because of the
non-responding servers.  After a while it gets that no better
alternative exists, uses the unsigned response and this is correctly
insecure for DNSSEC.  But these timeout could cause issues, I guess.

Best regards, Wouter