Relation between ub_fd/ub_poll/ub_process and ub_ctx_async

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Fri Feb 24 17:51:41 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm not quite clear on the relation between ub_ctx_async() on the one
hand, and ub_fd(), ub_poll() and ub_process() the other hand.  The
latter triple can clearly be integrated with an event loop, but the
former seems to suggest that background threads or processes are used.

If I use ub_resolve_async() but don't call ub_ctx_async() at all, will
there be no background thread or process and can I instead do my own
integration with an event loop?  Otherwise, how does integration with an
event loop work?

-Rick