forward-zone: .

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Nov 24 08:08:34 UTC 2016

Hi Michiel,

On 23/11/16 21:34, M. Piscaer via Unbound-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to forward all query's to an central dns resolver.
>
> In the config of the unbound service I have the following setting:
>
> forward-zone:
>   name: "com."
>   forward-addr: 192.168.1.1
>   forward-addr: 192.168.1.2
>
> forward-zone:
>   name: "."
>   forward-addr: 192.168.1.1
>   forward-addr: 192.168.1.2
>
> After reloading the unbound service, I only see the .com in de
> forwarding table:
>
> #unbound-control list_forwards
> com. IN forward: 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2

For me, the config works fine, and lists
. IN forward 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2
com. IN forward 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2

For you this does not work?  Are you changing the correct config file
(on some systems you can pick the wrong one)?  If you start unbound with
(high) verbosity, it'll print the forward zones that are configured at
startup to the (sys-)log.

Best regards, Wouter