order of forward-addr statements

David Watzke david at watzke.cz
Tue Apr 19 12:11:58 UTC 2016

Hi list,

I noticed that the documentation does not mention what happens if you
specify multiple forward-addr statements in the config so I've ran
strace to see for myself and I noticed that for a single DNS query there
were multiple sendto calls to 2 (out of 3 specified) different
forward-addrs.

Is it possible to enforce the same behavior that libc resolver uses? "If
there are multiple servers [in resolv.conf], the resolver library
queries them in the order listed."

I want to use the first server listed and only use other servers if the
first one is down. Is this currently achievable?

Thanks in advance,

--
David Watzke