[Unbound-users] Previously discussed "infra-cache-min-rtt" patch/option still viable?

Matt Lymn slash_2_2000 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 04:36:30 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I was reading this thread from some time ago: https://unbound.net/pipermail/unbound-users/2013-December/003094.html

If I'm not mistaken this is EXACTLY the option I need to make Unbound work properly for me. I often make DNS requests over international VPN and they time out constantly, especially if I am downloading or opening a webpage full of images etc where latency to forwarding servers might climb >500ms.

Would this patch still be useable with Unbound 1.5.1? Is it possible to patch the Windows version of the Unbound client to include this "min-rtt" option?

Thanks in advance!