[Unbound-users] again: capsforid let unbound fail to resolv a domain

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Fri Feb 27 13:11:48 UTC 2015

Hello,

after unbound 1.5.2 was announced I was happy to read:
- Fix 0x20 capsforid fallback to omit gratuitous NS and additional
section changes.

Yea!
Unfortunately that fix still make my unbound not resolve some
problematic domains.

Current case:

dig @ns1.ansmann.de 111.105.6.217.IN-ADDR.ARPA. ptr +noall +answer +nocomments

; <<>> DiG 9.9.4-P2 <<>> @ns1.ansmann.de 111.105.6.217.IN-ADDR.ARPA.
ptr +noall +answer +nocomments
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
111.105.6.217.in-addr.arpa. 3600 IN     PTR     mx1.ansmann.de.

-> notice the lowercase "in-addr.arpa" in the answer section

other domains I have workarounds for:
  * 224.182.213.in-addr.arpa
  * 23.216.91.in-addr.arpa
  * 14.177.82.in-addr.arpa
  * cn4e.com
  * gc-tinnen.internetcube.net

The last one is not related to capsforid. The Nameserver
ns.internetcube.net[85.214.85.64]
serve the label with a ttl 0 seconds and ns2.internetcube.net don't
answer at all.
At the end unbound to fail to resolve gc-tinnen.internetcube.net.

Andreas