[Unbound-users] DNS64 patch for Unbound

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Mon Jun 30 13:51:36 UTC 2014

On Mon, 30 Jun 2014, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

>> However I am now facing the question:  is upstream willing to fully
>> integrate this change or should I just drop it into FreeBSD base?
>> I’d be happy to work with you guys on this.  Just let me know.
>
> Yes, we would be happy to integrate this.

> Is NAT64 considered this important?  We would be happy to incorporate
> the patch if this is considered useful to many users.

I do think this will become more important over time. I support
inclusion of the code, compiled in but disabled per default.

I have pondered in the past whether or not to patch it into the fedora
or rhel version of unbound. The only reason I did not was because it
was an external patch and would require a lot of maintanance. I was
hoping upstream would merge it in themselves.

Paul